FEATURE SIGNS, how to display your home best!
HOW TO BEST DISPLAY YOUR HOME AND BEAT THE COMPETITION
- You know your home better than anyone
- It is difficult for anyone to present a home
- The home buying decision is emotional, feature signs display value in a relaxed manner
- The buyer may feel pressure if someone points out features
- The buyer likes to discover things on their own and in their own time
- Insure your good features are presented
- Does not interfere with the buyers process of enjoying the house
- Buyers can relax and notice what they want
- Buyers form attachments to home when they are relaxed
- Feature Signs provide information is a relaxed manner
HOW TO USE FEATURE SIGNS
- Use a bright or theme paper
- Theme will be noticed and help buyers recognize other signs
- Can be done on a computer or with neat handwriting.
- You can use color or different Fonts
- You can create the theme by using borders, theme paper or bright paper
- Use a small picture of the house or some other consistent logo as a label
- One mother used her child’s teddy bears to hold the signs
- Start at the front door, the sign should read: “We have prepared the home for your viewing pleasure, these “Feature Signs” are throughout the house for you convenience
- Go through the house and list the things you have enjoyed
- List Upgrades, improvements, new paint, new carpet, etc.
- Warning signs or access information (shed, etc)
- If you have debated on new carpet or some other improvement
- Use Feature Sign to say New Carpet, choose your color!
- Get bids and samples
- Place on counter together (see tent sign below)
- List hidden items, 5 zone auto sprinkler, Pella Windows
- List extras, Hot tub included, Hot tub only 18 months old
- Attach to hard surfaces, glass, mirrors etc.
- 3M makes a product that they say is safe on paint (Scotch Wall Mounting Tabs)
- Make a tent card and fold in middle so sits on flat surface
- It will say the same on both sides
- Copy and paste, using rotate or reverse
- They can be hand printed, just make them legible
- Use as
few words as possible, don't be wordy!
- Place as close to the feature as possible
- Use small arrows to point to feature
Affordable Brokerage Company